WHY ARE WE ASKED TO RE-KYC?
It’s a nuisance, we completely understand!
But lock down is not only a Covid thing, it’s also being imposed by governments around the world in their efforts to double down on collecting their fair share of taxes, and of course doing what they can to close as many loopholes as possible available for criminal activities.
As part of the global crack-down on money laundering, and because it is licensed by the Seychelles Financial Services Authority, PKF Capital Markets (Seychelles) Limited (“PKF”) has to fulfil certain regulatory requirements related to your account with them. They are required to know the identities of their clients (KYC or Know Your Customer) and to obtain relevant documentation, and effectively take on the responsibility to ensure that you and your funds are clean. The penalties that the Seychelles Financial Services Authority can and will levy on PKF Capital or any other person operating in the financial services space are extremely onerous.
But this is not new for all our investors who also invest in other global markets. It’s just a new reality of our world.
We would therefore really appreciate your assistance keeping these records up to date.
Note from PKF:
We are required by law to conduct regular reviews and re-verification of your KYC documentation, to ensure that the records we hold are current. Periodically, we will contact you to confirm your details and provide updated KYC information and documentation. If you receive a request from us to re-submit your KYC documentation, kindly submit the information and documentation to us as soon as possible to avoid interruptions in service delivery. Unfortunately, we cannot provide any services to you without submission or resubmission of the necessary KYC documentation. We appreciate your continued co-operation throughout these processes.
Here is what you need to do:
- Log onto your profile on www.orbvest.com.
- On your profile, please update all information (some additional fields were added after you initially signed up).
- Upload a certified copy of your ID or Passport. Please note that no ID will be accepted if the issue date was longer than 10 years ago.
- Upload a more recent proof of address (not older than three months).
- If you have not yet uploaded your proof of banking details on the Banking details section, please upload it.
- Please complete the Due Diligence form (you can download it from the Documents section or complete it directly on your profile page).
What happens if I do not submit the required KYC documentation?
PKF will be unable to provide any services to you unless you submit/re-submit the necessary KYC documentation.